SECURITY SERVICES MANAGER
Position Summary: Oversee the day to day security needs which include protecting ADC businesses and property against theft and vandalism. Ensure the safety of customers and staff at our office buildings, stores and other public buildings. Responsible for monitoring the electronic surveillance equipment used on the premises. Supervise a team of security staff. Work with other departments during investigations.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership/supervisory role
Previous Policing experience prefered
Valid Manitoba Security Guard License
First Nation Safety Officer Training or equivalent
Demonstrated Experience Working with Security Systems and Alarms
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Word
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Be Available to Work Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends
Criminal Records Check dated within 6 months of hire
Child Abuse Check dated within 6 months of hire
Certified in First Aid, CPR (or willing to obtain)
Certified in Non-Violence Crisis Intervention (or willing to obtain)
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to interact well with others
• Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature
• Must possess tact and diplomacy
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and good judgment
• Physically fit and able to stand/walk for long periods of time and run to urgent situations
• Physically able to restrain, detain or evict individuals
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to stressful situations
• Mature, prfessional manner
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Maintain surveillance of surrounding area and report suspicious activity
• Observe and report daily activities and irregularities to appropriate personnel, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms.
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Supervising security personnel.
• Carrying out close supervision of on-site security personnel.
• Scheduling the work and duties of individual security officers.
• Immediately responding to all security related calls.
• Providing leadership, guidance and support to security staff.
• Writing clear reports and logs.
• Checking fire systems and fire equipment.
• Completing reports of alarms, incidents, and complaints.
• Professionally handling all sensitive and confidential information.
• Handling complaints in a diplomatic manner.
Closing Date: September 27, 2018 @ 4:30pm
Interview Date: TBD
Start Date: TBD
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a cover letter, current resume and two references to:
D.Harder, Human Resources Officer
Long Plain First Nation
Ph: 204-252-2731 | Fax: 204-252-2012
we thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.