Position: Retail Store Manager
Location: Winnipeg – 420 Madison Street
This has never been done before. We are creating culture based on our values and we want to hire people who feel a sense of ownership and responsibility to demonstrate that cannabis can enhance the lives of Canadians and their communities.
At META our philosophy is simple. Creating a customer experience that is unique and tailored to you. We offer customers a safe and responsible journey. We aim to educate and raise awareness about cannabis and the products we stock. Our stores are our homes, we take pride in our appearance and creating a welcoming space for our guests to have access to our knowledge, experience and advice.
If you are our Store Manager:
- You have a desire to build community around canna-positivity.
- You believe in promoting informed consumerism and building a passionate and engaged team to educate the local community.
- You are naturally curious; you explore, learn, and ask questions.
- You walk the talk, prefer to be out on the floor and part of the fun.
- You believe that if your team is being treated well, they are going to be better able to help the customer.
- You prioritize inclusivity; providing stigma-free environments that are welcoming to everyone.
- You are approachable, empathetic, and create safe spaces for expression of personal identity.
- You spread good vibes and believe in potential of people.
If you are our Store Manager:
- You will create & foster our positive work culture in your store, creating the environment where you and your team will deliver brilliant customer experience.
- You will be responsible for creating a culture of safety in your location.
- You will ensure our success through managing and measuring against performance indicators. You will be responsive and agile to adjust business strategies as required.
- You will ensure quality of the in-store space through focus on cleanliness, merchandising, and ensuring everything is in working order.
- You will identify and build your team members, through recruitment, ongoing training, and motivation.
- You will promote a coaching culture – celebrating successes and providing feedback on opportunities.
- You will communicate frequently and candidly; providing goals and communicating criteria for success to your team.
- You will identify opportunities for your store to build relationships & contribute to the community
If you are our Store Manager, you have:
- A minimum 3 years of leadership/managerial experience in the retail/service industry.
- Effective time management, presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Strong emotional intelligence, courage, and ability to operate through change and ambiguity.
- Ability to analyze trends and solutions oriented, with a track record of improving performance.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- A High School graduate or equivalent, while a College degree is preferred.
- Interest in cannabis and/or interest in learning and developing expertise in cannabis.
- Open availability including evenings, weekends and holidays is required.
- This position will interface directly with the general public in a front-line customer service capacity.
- This position will need to be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and well as bending and stretching to stock shelves.
How to apply:
Representative Workforce -formerly employment equity- is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter and/or resume if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
As part of the cannabis industry regulations, all offers will be made contingent upon completion of an employee background screening, including criminal check.
All employees will be required to successfully complete the appropriate provincial cannabis server/selling training & certification as well an META’s internal training program.
Meta Cannabis Supply Co. are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any accommodation.
To apply, please visit: https://grnh.se/c2102b9e2
Application Deadline: March 18, 2019