GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE / FRONT DESK AGENT
Microtel Inn & Suites Portage la Prairie, MB
The Guest Services Associate / Front Desk Attendant will work diligently to ensure the quality, cleanliness and service of the property are consistently maintained. They must be committed to the achievement of professional work standards and demonstrate a positive, proactive approach to empowered decision making in relation to guest care and contribution to room revenue. Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
• Perform check-ins and checkouts, paying special attention to accuracy and detail
• Ensure each guest has received exceptional service
• Handle all guest requests in an expedient and professional manner. Ensure special requests are dealt with appropriately
• Positively respond to guest queries/complaints and requests, providing positive solutions and ensuring follow-up
• Provide guests with the necessary information that may include restaurant recommendations, driving directions, assistance to local services and transportation alternatives
• Operate the front desk equipment such as the reservation system, hotel switchboard, calculator, copier and key card machines
• Complete assigned tasks and paperwork as delegated by management team. This may include some accounting, basic data analysis and processing
• Maintain cleanliness of workspace
• Liaise proactively and continuously with the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments to ensure seamless operations and exceptional guest service
• and guest/co-worker safety by reporting of suspicious persons and handling of keys/cash
• 1-2 years of experience in a customer service-oriented role
• Previous hospitality experience an asset
• Familiar with general office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners etc.
Mission Critical Competencies
• Ability to demonstrate being a team player
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humour
• A High School Diploma or GED required
• A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
• A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
• A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
• A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
• A fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Please apply online at https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=105. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) are not supported for this position. Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.