MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class, select service hotels across Canada. MasterBUILT lives and breathes hospitality, developing more ground up hotels than other company in North America. As a Platinum winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, MasterBUILT believes in investing in the development of talented people with a passion for delivering exceptional results and a desire to learn and grow.
This hotel is located on Keeshkeemaquah, Manitoba, and is owned by the Long Plain First Nations. MasterBUILT Hotels and Long Plain’s strong partnership aims to bring new opportunities to the land and people surrounding it. It represents an exciting opportunity to work and develop a strong relationship with the community.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is an all new construction, limited service hotel brand targeting the midscale segment of the market. Part of the Wyndham Hotel Group family of brands, Microtel has won the JD Power & Associates award for top guest satisfaction in its segment 16 of the past 17 years – an unprecedented achievement in any industry – and has consistently been rated #1 in its segment for RevPAR market penetration in the U.S. (based on STR data).
Within Canada, Microtel is the fastest growing new construction brand in the country with over 40 new hotels scheduled to open by 2025. Microtel’s rapid growth is backed by the strength of MasterBUILT® Hotels’ commitment to develop at least 75 Microtel hotels by 2036, making it one of the most dynamic new brands to ever enter the Canadian marketplace
HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
Microtel Inn & Suites Keeshkeemaquah, MB
The Hotel General Manager’s main responsibility is to meet and exceed the expectations of guests and employees and in-so-doing achieve the profitability, customer service and asset management expectations of ownership. A successful hotel and Hotel General Manager will be entrenched in, and engaged with, the community in which they operate. The Hotel General Manager will succeed by demonstrating the know-how to deliver on the vision and uphold the culture of a phenomenal hotel company. This position will be based in Keeshkeemaquah, MB.
- Establishing and communicating objectives that support and align with corporate’s vision by developing and implementing strategies to do so evidenced by:
- Living the core values: Build enduring relationships, create positive team environment, deliver wow and maintain an entrepreneurial spirit
- Contributing to and understanding the strategic objectives of the organization and communicating the information to team members
- Building strategies and maintaining strong (if not the strongest) market share by continuously monitoring data and market activity and continuously yielding to maximize results.
- Regularly visiting competitive set hotels to meet with colleagues, understand offerings and conduct parking lot checks to monitor account business levels.
- Collaborating with the corporate sales team to gather and relay market intelligence, leads and conduct local sales initiatives.
- Implementing marketing initiatives that align with hotel branding
- Developing strategies to drive more traffic to the hotel
- Represent the hotel and its owners in the local community and industry through initiatives like Common Ground
- Foster an environment and culture consistent with high customer satisfaction and constantly monitors before against these goals. This will be evidenced via discussion at department meetings, the posting of goals and performance, the rewarding of great service contributions and positive engagement with customers online.
- Monitoring operational efficiencies to ensure profitability while meeting operating and capital budgets as evidenced by a strong understanding of the budget, variances and forecasts and use of labour and cost management tools.
- Maintaining strong two-way communication with the Regional Operations Manager, Sales Marketing, and the Revenue Manager on a daily and weekly basis
- Ensuring all health and safety standards are exceeded as evidenced by participation and reporting of the hazard’s assessments, monthly written updates on incidents and near misses as well as documented health and safety meeting and hazard inspection communications.
- Maintaining all month end documentation and providing the accounting department accurate reports and follow-up as required.
- Assist in providing coverage for other Hotel General Managers
- Travel to corporate head office and other locations for special projects and/or events
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in the hotel industry, demonstrating progression with each career move
- 3 years’ experience in a leadership capacity; with a focus on sales and marketing
- Previous experience with budgeting and forecasting
Mission Critical Competencies
- Must be based in or willing to relocate to Keeshkeemaquah, MB or surrounding area
- A welcoming and outgoing personality for guests, with a demonstrated innate ability to be both firm and supportive with team members
- Acts in the best interests of the organization; a background that demonstrates the ability to roll up your sleeves and help in any department at any given time (in other words, a working manager who knows how to prioritize for maximum contribution)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills evidenced by an ability to quickly craft messages that are easy to understand by various audiences both internal and external
- A dedication to provide exceptional customer service and an ability to hold team members accountable to the same level
- Ability to set and exceed goals as evidenced by an exceptional sales / revenue track record in previous roles
- Ability to set priorities for self and others in the hotel
- Project planning capabilities coupled with time management and organization techniques
- May be required to travel up to 20%
- A Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management, Business or other applicable area considered a significant asset; training and certification within the first two years will be provided
- A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
- A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
- A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
- A fast-paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Interested candidates can submit resumes to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.